RESPECTING YOUR INFORMATION:
North Prairie believes in building and preserving relationships with our past, present and future customers. These relationships are built on trust, respect and serving your needs. Establishing that trust and respect in this relationship is done by telling you what information we require from you, how this information will be handled and used and how this information will be kept safe. We know that your personal information is a valued asset and we want you to know that we will treat it carefully.
Your personal information is also governed by certain federal and provincial legislation which we, at North Prairie, comply with.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information from individuals who we may interact with which may be provided to us through a variety of means including oral, written and electronic communications. This includes interaction through our web site; at our show homes, sales centers and exhibitions; by way of market research and for the purpose of serving our customers.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT INCLUDES:
- Contact and identification information, such as your name, addresses, telephone number and email address;
- Information related to the purchase or proposed purchase of a home including;
- municipal and legal address
- all plans, specifications, agreements, addendums, revisions, change orders, or any other information related to the construction of the home including general information on preferences, advisors and decision-makers, feed-back and information requested by or provided to you.
- personal financial, banking and insurance information
- information about any remedial work or other work done to the home
- information from third party contractors, suppliers, consultants, developers and lawyers who provide work or services directly to you or North Prairie
- information required by The New Home Warranty Program of Saskatchewan (the “Program”). This information includes any information about a request for assistance, claim or dispute between you and North Prairie about your home, including information provided during the course of alternate dispute resolution processes such as conciliation, mediation and arbitration procedures of the Program or any legal proceedings.
- website specific information regarding requests and choices you may have made and other general information such as your IP address, “cookies”, URL addresses and names of the immediate proceeding website you may have visited.
- market research information related to your choices, preferences and demographics
WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
North Prairie collects personal information to enable us to manage, maintain, and develop our business and operations, including:
- To establish, maintain and manage our relationship with you so that we may provide you with, or receive from you, the products and services that have been requested;
- North Prairie may be required from time to time to disclose your personal information to third parties. The purposes for such disclosure include, but are not limited to:
- enrollment in the Program;
- developer approval of the plans and specifications;
- financing of the construction;
- registration of the Transfer of Land with the Land Titles Office;
- Canada Revenue Agency;
- contractor conducting work on the home insofar as is necessary for any specific contractor to complete it work on the home;
- warranty inspections and subsequent remedial work, if such work is covered by any warranty contained in the Purchase Agreement
- to be able to review the products and services that we provide to you so that we may understand your requirements for our products and services as so that we may work to improve our products and services;
- to be able to comply with your requests;
- If you have contacted us through our website, or provided us other contact information in our efforts to market our products and services, we may also contact you via e-mail message or other media to:
- respond to an inquiry or request for information;
- thank you for contacting North Prairie Developments;
- welcome you to North Prairie and to its products and services;
- explain new product offerings and features of our services;
- notify you of special promotions;
- communicate with you after the purchase of a home about your home and your use of our related products and services; and
- contact you after the purchase of a home regarding warranty services;
- To enable us to analyze market conditions; and
- Any other reasonable purpose to which you consent
HOW DO WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use and disclose your personal information:
- For any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent to use or disclose your personal information;
We may use or disclose your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with managing our relationship with you, including: third parties that provide services to us or on our behalf; third parties that assist North Prairie in the provision of goods and services to you; and third parties whose services we use to conduct our business.
FURTHER, YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE USED OR DISCLOSED:
- As permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements;
- To comply with valid legal processes such as search warrants, subpoenas or court orders;
- As part of North Prairie’s regular reporting activities;
- To protect the rights and property of North Prairie’s;
- Take precautions against liability;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
- Where the personal information is publicly available;
- To respond to claims that your information violated the rights and interests of third parties;
- To protect the security and integrity of the website;
- To correct technical problems and malfunctions in the website; or
- With your consent.
YOUR CONSENT IS IMPORTANT TO US:
Your consent may be implied, deemed (using an opt-out mechanism) or express. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. For example, when you enter into an agreement with us, we will assume your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for purposes related to the performance of that agreement and for any other purposes identified to you at the relevant time.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, except where it is required to fulfill our legal or contractual obligations and subject to reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION PROTECTED?
North Prairie endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss or unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of your relationship, please keep us informed of such changes. We will endeavor to change that record.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
North Prairie provides individuals with the opportunity to access their personal information that is held, subject to exceptions permitted by law. If you require further information, please contact:
A nominal fee may be charged based on the volume of information requested.
If you have more questions about your privacy rights in Saskatchewan please visit the website of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at www.oipc.sk.ca.
Saskatoon Office: 100-319 Wellman Lane, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7T 0J1
Email: [email protected]
NPD's Legal Policy
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Please read these terms and conditions of use carefully before using this website as they contain the legal terms that govern your use of northprairiehomes.com, Shangrilaon4th.com, livingstonetownhomes.com, chaparralcondos.com (collectively, “North Prairie Developments Ltd. websites” and each a “website”).
Access to and use of the North Prairie Developments Ltd. websites are subject to the terms and conditions set out below (collectively, the “Terms and Conditions”). If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not access or use the North Prairie Developments Ltd. websites.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time by updating this posting. Please check the Terms and Conditions periodically for changes. Your continued use of the North Prairie Developments Ltd. websites following the posting of these Terms and Conditions will mean you accept those changes.
By using this Site, you represent that you are of the age of majority in your jurisdiction. If you are not of the age of majority in your jurisdiction, you must only use this Site under the supervision of your parent or legal guardian who agrees to the Agreement. If you are a parent or legal guardian agreeing to the Agreement, you must monitor and supervise the use of this Site by the minor and you are fully responsible for the minor’s use of this Site.
This website is intended solely for information purposes and for use by the user. The information and opinions contained in this website may be altered at any time without prior notification.
North Prairie Developments Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information you provide to us. In the event that you should choose to send North Prairie Developments Ltd. your email addresses, telephone numbers, addresses and/or any personal information so that we may communicate with you, North Prairie Developments will not sell or rent this information to anyone. Click here for more information.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARKS:
The entire contents of this site are protected by copyright (all rights reserved). The downloading or printing out of individual pages and/or sections of the website is permitted provided that the copyright notes and other statutory proprietary designations are retained. If you download software or any other data from the website, or copy it in any way, North Prairie Developments Ltd. retains all rights of ownership. The reproduction (in full or in part), transmission (by electronic or other means), modification, linking or use of this website for public or commercial purposes is prohibited without the prior written consent of North Prairie Developments Ltd. The brand names used do not necessarily reflect the actual services offered at the time.
In order to be able to access some areas of the North Prairie Developments Ltd. websites, you may be required to register. Should you choose to register, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself as required by the registration process, and to promptly update such information as necessary to ensure that it is kept accurate and complete. You agree to be responsible for: (a) maintaining the confidentiality of any passwords or other account identifiers which you choose or are assigned as a result of any registration on the North Prairie Developments Ltd. websites, and (b) all activities that occur under such password or account. Further, you agree to notify North Prairie Developments Ltd. of any unauthorized use of your password or account. If you provide any information that is untrue or inaccurate, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account.
NO WARRANTY OR LIABILITY:
Although North Prairie Developments Ltd. has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate at the time of publication, North Prairie Developments Ltd. provides no assurance or guarantee, expressed or implied (including third-party liability), with regard to its accuracy, reliability or completeness. North Prairie Developments Ltd. also gives no guarantee that the information may not be distorted as a result of technical malfunctions (incorrect transfer, technical inadequacies, disconnection, access by an unauthorized third party, etc.). North Prairie Developments Ltd. does not warrant that the function of the North Prairie Developments Ltd. websites or their contents will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that North Prairie websites or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall North Prairie Developments Ltd. be liable for any loss of use, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of or damage to property, or for any damages of any kind or character (including without limitation any compensatory, incidental, direct, indirect, special, punitive, or consequential damages), even if North Prairie Developments Ltd. has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses, arising out of or in connection with the use of the North Prairie Developments Ltd. websites, their contents, or any website or contents with which it is linked.
The activation of certain links to this website may, under certain circumstances, cause the user to leave the North Prairie Developments Ltd. website. North Prairie Developments Ltd. has not reviewed the sites linked to the North Prairie Developments Ltd. website and accepts no responsibility for the contents thereof or for any products, services or other offers available on them. The inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement by North Prairie Developments Ltd. of the site. This also applies to websites that offer links to the North Prairie Developments Ltd. website. Furthermore, explicit prior authorization must always be obtained for a link leading from an external website to the North Prairie Developments Ltd. website.